A malocclusion, typically called a “bad bite,” is the result of misaligned teeth that fail to fit together properly. This can cause all sorts of ailments and disorders within your mouth and even your jaw. The causes of malocclusions are wide ranging and vary from person to person, but they can be fixed with a variety of orthodontic treatments. Listed below are some of the most common forms of malocclusions:
– Deep bites, also known as closed bites, are severe forms of overbites.
– Underbites, also known as bulldog teeth, are caused by your lower front teeth sticking out past your upper front teeth.
– Overbites, also known as buck teeth, are caused by your upper front teeth sticking out past your lower front teeth.
– Open bites are caused by spacing issues between your teeth when biting down.
– Crossbites are caused by your lower jaw sticking out past your upper jaw.
– Other forms of malocclusions are caused overcrowded teeth, spacing gaps between teeth, teeth erupting in the wrong spaces in your mouth, misalignments, and too many or missing teeth.
– Misplaced midlines are caused by your front teeth not lining up correctly with your lower front teeth.
If you would like to speak with Dr. Deji Fashemo and our team about our various orthodontic treatment options, please schedule an appointment at our orthodontic office of Fourth Dimension Orthodontics & Craniofacial Orthopedics in Allen, TX, at 972-947-2200, or Dallas, Texas, by calling 972.947.2000. We can help you choose the right service for a brighter smile!