Clear Aligner Instructions
- Wear your clear aligners fulltime until Dr. Deji Fashemo tells you otherwise.
- You can take out your clear aligners when eating. Always put your aligners in their case! Most aligners are lost in school lunch rooms or restaurants.
- Clean your clear aligners once a day with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Use warm water, not hot. Brushing your clear aligners will remove the plaque and eliminate odors. Orthodontic appliance cleaners like Efferdent® can be used, but do not replace brushing.
- When your clear aligners are not in your mouth, they should ALWAYS be in their case. Pets love to chew on them!
- When you begin wearing your clear aligners, you may find it difficult to speak properly. To get used to them faster, practice reading, speaking, and singing out loud.
- Clear aligners are breakable, so be careful with them. If you lose or break a clear aligner, contact Fourth Dimension Orthodontics & Craniofacial Orthopedics immediately.
- If you have any concerns or questions about your clear aligners or if your clear aligners need adjusting, call our office. Do not try to adjust them yourself.
- Always bring your clear aligners to your appointments with our orthodontist.
- Clear aligner replacement is expensive. With proper care, they will last throughout your treatment.
- Remove your clear aligners when you go swimming.
- Keep your clear aligners away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, the washing machine, and napkins.
We invite you to contact our Dallas or Allen office today to learn more about clear aligners and to schedule your next visit.