Oftentimes, misalignments in your smile are caused by factors beyond your control. Even genetics or random uncontrollable environmental factors could be the cause of damage to your dental profile. Fortunately, there are many services and orthodontic procedures available that can straighten your teeth for a healthy and happy smile.
Do you suffer from an oral misalignment issue? Here are some of the common types:
– Overbites, also sometimes called upper protrusions, overjets, or buck teeth, consist of the upper incisors (front teeth) protruding our further than the lower incisors.
– Underbites, also sometimes called bulldog teeth, consist of the lower incisors protruding our further than the upper incisors.
– Open bites are malocclusions that pertain to disconnected top and bottom incisors when biting down.
– Misplaced midlines are malocclusions that occur when the center of your incisors fails to properly line of with the center of your lower incisors.
– Deep bites, also sometimes known to as closed bites, consist of extreme forms of overbites in which the lower incisors bite into the area behind the upper incisors.
– Crossbites are malocclusions where the lower jawbone protrudes further out than the upper jawbone.
– Some malocclusions consist of overcrowded teeth. In this case, there is not enough space between each tooth, causing overlap between the teeth, with bends and curvatures often taking place. Spacing issues can also refer to too much space between the teeth, causing abnormally large gaps to appear.
– Various other types of malocclusions include extra or missing teeth, various types of rotation issues, and transposition malocclusions.
If you have a misalignment issue and are looking for orthodontic treatments, you can contact Fourth Dimension Orthodontics & Craniofacial Orthopedics to schedule an appointment with Dr. Deji Fashemo. We can be reached by calling our Dallas office at 972-947-2000 or our Allen office at 972-947-2200 or stopping by our offices. It’s never too late to align your smile!